Technology of Digital E3 Modulevel Liquid Level Displacer Transmitter
Changing buoyancy forces caused by liquid level change act upon the spring supported displacer causing vertical motion of the core within a linear variable differential transformer.As the core position changes with liquid level, voltages are induced across the secondary windings of the Digital E3 Modulevel Liquid Level Displacer Transmitter.These signals are processed in the electronic circuitry and converted to a useable output signal. The enclosing tube acts as a static isolation barrier between the Digital E3 Modulevel Liquid Level Displacer Transmitter and the process media.
Features of Digital E3 Modulevel Liquid Level Displacer Transmitter
- Two-wire, loop-powered, transmitter for level, interface or density measurement
- No level change needed for configuration; no field calibration necessary.
- Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Certified, SFF value of 90.6%
- 4 –20 mA output signal
- Two-line, 8-character LCD and 3-button keypad
- Continuous self-test with 22 mA, 3.6 mA or Hold fault indication fully compliant with NAMUR NE 43
- Comprehensive diagnostics with faults, warnings & status history
- HART or FOUNDATION fieldbus digital communications
- PACTware PC program using HART communication for advanced configuration and troubleshooting (see bulletin 59-101)
- IS, XP and Non-incendive approvals by FM, CSA, ATEX, IEC
- Standard output range from 3.8 to 20.5 mA
- 11 VDC turn on voltage
- Maximum loop resistance of 620 ohms at 24 VDC
- Process temperatures to +835 °F (+445 °C) for non-steam applications
- Level ranges from 14 to 120+ inches (356 to 3048+ mm)
- Specific gravity as low as 0.23
- Cast aluminum or stainless steel, TYPE 4X, Cl I Div 1 Groups B, C, D housing
- Field wiring in isolated junction box
- Head rotatable through 360°
- Accepted proven LVDT/range spring technology
- Range spring suppresses effects of turbulence to produce stable output signal.
- Flanged top mounting or external cage with side/side or side/bottom connections
- Special options, materials of construction and custom engineered features available (consult factory).
- Spring protector standard
- Signal sampling 15 times per second
- Non-interacting zero and span
- Emission and immunity compliance to EN 61326
- Specific gravity adjustment without stopping process
- Signal damping adjustment
- 64-unit multi-drop capability
- Consult factory for ASME B31.1, ASME B31.3 or NACE construction.
Application of Digital E3 Modulevel Liquid Level Displacer Transmitter
MEDIA: Liquids or slurries, clean or dirty, light hydrocarbons to heavy acids (SG=0.23 to 2.20)
VESSELS: Process & storage, bridles, bypass chambers, interface, sumps & pits up to unit pressure & temperature ratings.
CONDITIONS: Most liquid level measurement and control applications including those with varying dielectric, vapors, turbulence, foam, buildup, bubbling or boiling and high fill/empty rates. Also, liquid/liquid interface level measurement or density control.