Accelerate the time to first oil and gas
Begin production early while full field development is being planned and permanent facilities are being built. Early-production systems help operators bring their new discoveries onstream fast. Schlumberger has designed and installed modular, fit-for-purpose systems worldwide for more than 30 years and to date has completed approximately 70 projects.
Early production systems and fast-track schedules can create an early cash flow for operators with only a minimum cash outlay. They also provide real-time production data for appraising reservoir performance before more-expensive long-term facilities are installed. In addition, early production systems are ideal for small reserves that would be financially risky or uneconomical to produce with a permanent production facility.
An extensive range of production services is available, based on the early production system business model selected:
- Fast-track early production and interim plants and systems
- Hydrocarbon liquids recovery and dewpoint control plants
- Gas storage leaching facilities
- CO2 and H2S removal
- Multiphase pumping
- Optimization of existing production facilities *All necessary support systems (power generation, controls, monitoring and detection, and operation camps)
Flexible business models
Schlumberger offers a variety of commercial business models for early production systems that afford customers the flexibility to maximize their return on investment:
- Build—Own—Operate (equipment rental plus operation)
- Build—Own—Operate—Transfer (equipment rental plus operation with the option to purchase)